Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bloggy Honesty Revisited

A year ago today I posted a list of things that I wanted to accomplish over the long weekend that was coming. I didn't get everything on the list crossed off then, but I thought it might be interesting to see if I've managed to get the rest done in the year since? Let's take a look at the items that were left on the list (excluding the regular chores):
  • Final coat of gloss on the garage entry door/ paint external face as well -We only managed one coat on the other side, hopefully we'll get that finished someday... I finally crossed this one off in May this year!
  • Paint walls and trim in the hallway -I only started this one today! Finally managed to complete the trim and doors- the walls are next (we have the paint, we just need to make the time)!
  • Purchase mosaics for above the kitchen sink We changed our minds about which ones we wanted, which means waiting until they are in stock. Doh! Use those mosaics to tile the strip above the kitchen sink Er... nope. We had them purchased and installed, then installed again... they're now one of my favourite features of the new kitchen!
  • Paint the front door (inside and out) The inside is started! The outside? Not yet. The inside is complete, the outside is next- we've bought the paint, you'll have to wait and see what colour we've agreed on!
  • Finally plant winter vegetables in the patch Didn't go anywhere near the vegie patch. Still haven't! We've planted, harvested and scrapped a few versions of the vegie patch since then- we're still working on fine tuning our skills :)
  • Take a stroll along the beach I don't think we did this, but I did suggest it! The beach isn't going anywhere, which is why we've been there often (like this!)
  • Hang some frames in the great room PK put some up, but there are many more to go up before I show you! I'm thinking a gallery wall is in the making... Hmmm still working on this one! I had hoped to have it done by now...
  • Make some curtains for the sliding door I still have the sewing machine from Mum's house, but no sewing happened I finally managed to wrangle the curtains into submission back in March
  • Visit some second hand stores/ antique shops Didn't happen! Maybe I'm just not the thrifting type?
  • Take a road trip (to Lancelin maybe?) We did the opposite- we stayed in one night instead :) We've been to Denham, and to Guilderton and to Margaret River (a couple of times) since then!
It's quite handy having this little blog to check back on things like this! I'm happy that we've managed to cross those last things off the list but of course, now there are other things on the list! Hehe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loaded Web

Blog Directory for Perth, Western Australia